How was your first week of easing back into normalcy? I guess it’s safe to say we have all settled back into our regular routines and tasks?
Or maybe not. Haha!
During my short vacation (I haven’t had a paid vacation in four years! Thank you Lord!), I had time to think about what I really want to see and accomplish this year. I know a lot of other bloggers blog about their word for the year. I’ve wanted to do that, too, but had never found the time to sit and really think about it (because, again, as a freelancer, I used to have no paid leave at all). Now that I had time, I thought about 2016 and what it means to me.
And I realised that, based on the decisions and changes my family, my partner, and I made during the last part of 2015, 2016 should be a year of:
1. A commitment to God and becoming a better Christian
2. A commitment to an even stronger relationship with Job despite the big changes looming in the horizon
3. A commitment to my family no matter what happens and a commitment to becoming a better mother to Yuri (preschool, here we come!)
4. A commitment to remain a person of integrity in the workplace, whether in Stay At Home Mum or in the real estate industry
5. A commitment to be more available for my dearest friends, old and new
6. And a commitment to taking care of myself in all aspects
Last year, there were a lot of things, a lot of transitions, and I’m sure there will be more changes coming this year but I am committed to keeping my faith, the most important people to me, and myself despite the changes. I think I have already spent the last couple of years changing, improving, excelling that what I want to do the most now is hold on to the basics of my being, the simple things that make me me.
This year, no matter how my life changes, I’m committed to keeping my core intact.
With God’s grace, I’m ready to face whatever life will throw my way.
Bring it on, 2016.