Rainy days and Mondays never get me down!
In fact, I love rainy days. When I was younger, I was all about the sun (which explains why I was so dark!) and walked anywhere without sunblock. But now that I’m always at home, I can’t help but appreciate the coolness and “grim-ness” of the rain.
Anyway, it’s Monday! Back to work, people! I had a fine and uneventful weekend – – with some panira like the loss of UP in the UAAP Cheer Dance, the loss of our village’s team in our barangay basketball tournament’s semi-finals, and the loss of Gilas Pilipinas. Anyare? Ba’t ganon? The only thing I’m sure of is that hindi kami nadaya sa barangay LOL!
Seriously, even last Saturday’s episode of Kalyeserye was nowhere as fun and kilig as the previous Kalyeserye episode. But I still…
Love how Alden is reduced into a meek, little boy during these meetups #ALDUBmeetsTVJ
— Maan Laxa (@marie_laxa) October 3, 2015
I’ll stop there baka mapagbintangan pa akong mababaw. Chos.
Let me give you some unnecessary and unsolicited updates about my life.
– Family is doing well, but Papa had another checkup last week and found out that his creatinine levels further increased despite his diet and regular intake of meds. We’re praying that his increased dosage of drugs will at least control the level.
– Love life (landi landi) is still wonderful despite the distance. Still getting courted after years of being together (landi landi part 2). Job is growing closer to the Lord and is helping me with my walk of faith. His business is also doing well, praise God!
– Work is good. We’re looking for new additions to our Philippine team and someone I got in touch with last week is having her interview now. Hoping for the best! If you’re keen on working for a big Australian parenting website, shoot me an email 🙂
– Yuri is still the same awesome Yuri. He’s into British cartoons now like Daniel Tiger and Peppa Pig so he regularly slips into British English at home. Good thing he’s more fluent in Filipino.
– Michelle, our new household helper, is amazing. I have no complaints, she’s a pleasant person to have around, and our house is perpetually clean. And we’re eating homemade food all the time. And we’re eating on time, much to my beau’s relief.
– Diet? What diet?
– Oh, and I’m saving up for a new phone since the crack on my current phone is now as big as the West Valley Fault. Thank goodness it doesn’t affect the phone’s performance at all (good guy Asus), but it is such an eyesore. You know me; I barely spend money on phones and I’d rather buy a bag and a phone, so I’m on the lookout for cheap ones.
I had my eye on the new Alcatel Flash 2 – – which promptly got sold out less than an hour after being released on Lazada. I mean, I didn’t even want to give Lazada my business after a series of bad experiences with them, but I had no choice. I hope it gets released in local gadget stores soon.
– By the way, I am so kilig because two people from World Vision personally got in touch with me after my post about them. I haven’t gotten around to replying yet (bad!) but I’m so touched with their messages. Thank you, World Vision Philippines!
– And finds for September? A couple of people emailed me about finds, but surprisingly, I didn’t buy anything last month aside from food! Hmm now I’m itching to shop hahaha. Here are some book finds from yesterday instead: