You’ve been redirected from DavaoMommy.com.
(This is an old post re-published.)
(Picture above is not at NBI Davao.)
In my city, the words “NBI Clearance” are often met with dread. This is because the office always manages to be full every day, with people. The lines tend to spill on to the streets, and people begin lining up at 4am just to be first!
I haven’t gone to NBI in, like, almost four years because there wasn’t any need for me to go. But because I will be taking up a board exam this May, I have no choice but to get a clearance.
It’s such a great thing that they have the online option now!
I didn’t think much of it mainly because I was aware that you still have to go to the actual office to claim your clearance. However, when my schoolmate from UP, who is also my classmate in my real estate brokerage class, said that she used the online option and she needed to be at the office for only 5 minutes, I was sold. Since I know most are either not aware of this option or do not how it works, let me take this opportunity to be your guide. Let’s begin!
1. Visit NBI’s website at nbi.gov.ph and click on the button that says “Click here.”
2. Similarly, you can also go straight ahead to clearance.nbi.gov.ph.
A diagram of the process is also outlined above
3. If you don’t have an account yet, simply make an account by filling in the form located at the home page of clearance.nbi.gov.ph.
4. You need to edit your information accurately. I no longer have a screen capture of this step because there are too many pieces of information that need to be blurred out, but I’m sure you will understand how to do it.
5. Next, click on “Apply for Clearance.”
6. You need to specify the purpose of your clearance and follow the steps like filling in the form containing your details.
7. You can also upload your photo if you like. Honestly, I thought this was going to be the photo reflected on the clearance. Silly me, haha, but I just took my chances. But no, you’re still going to have your photo taken at the NBI office. Duh.
8. After completely and accurately filling in your details, apply for a transaction by clicking on the “Transaction” tab at the left side.
9. I wasn’t able to take a screen capture of it, but I recall that all you need to do is set a transaction with an available date (a calendar with the number of empty slots is provided). You also need to specify your chosen NBI branch. Then you also need to specify whether you will come in the morning or in the afternoon.
10. Next, you need to pay for the clearance. There are many options provided. For example, you can pay over-the-counter at banks or, if I’m not mistaken, LBC. There are also online options which I chose, of course. I chose to pay via DragonPay for BPI Express Online (not mobile). Don’t worry; there are detailed instructions provided.
11. Finally, wait for your account to reflect a “PAID” status. In my case, since I paid in the evening, the status only reflected the next morning.
12. Print the form containing your transaction number; this form will be presented at the branch.
13. Go to the NBI branch you specified on the date and time that you specified. Present your form to the information table and he will sign it (etc.). He will also tell you to proceed to Window 5.
14. At Window 5, you will have your fingerprints and photo taken. Afterward, two things may happen. It’s either you will receive your NBI clearance on the same day or, like in my case, you will receive a Hit status.
15. In case you’ve been hit, all you need to do is return to NBI after a week.
16. After a week, I returned to NBI to claim my clearance. I was told to go to Window 1 and was guided to the Releasing area. I sat for around 10 minutes and then I was called. My NBI clearance was ready! That’s it!
That was the entire process. It may seem like a lot because of the number of steps, but really, I think the entire thing didn’t even take up two hours. That includes the making of account, filling in of details, setting the transaction, paying for the clearance, going to the branch, and finally claiming it!