I’ve been spending more time in the kitchen ever since the pandemic began. Aside from being home all the time, we are also trying to minimize our trips outside the home. That’s why I would bake sweet treats rather than buying them in the store, and if I have time, I would even make our own bread!
Like many households, we also like keeping a supply of food items with long shelf life in our pantry. Apart from the usual staples, did you know it’s wise to keep dehydrated foods, too?
Dehydrated potatoes, in particular, are known to have a shelf life of 18-24 months. In my opinion, they should be a staple in every pantry. Here are 5 reasons why:
- Made from 100% whole, high-quality U.S. potatoes
- Loaded with the same nutrients as fresh potatoes
- Versatile and can be used to make many recipes
- Less prep time need, can be used straight out of the package
- Good value, with one kilo making approximately five kilos when rehydrated
In other words, U.S. dehydrated potatoes are a delight to use in the kitchen!
I personally love having U.S. dehydrated potatoes in stock because they can be used in a lot of recipes, whether savory or sweet. Yes, you can totally use dehydrated potatoes to bake bread and pastries!
This is why I got super excited when Potatoes USA sent me a package containing U.S. dehydrated potatoes, cooking essentials, various merchandise… and cookbooks!
Of course, I immediately perused the baking cookbooks (with recipes by Chef Miko Aspiras). There are so many things you can bake pala with dehydrated potatoes! The first recipe I followed was the Fudge Brownie, which uses U.S. dehydrated potato granules.
Do you know what I immediately noticed when making the recipe? It only requires 30 grams of dehydrated potato granules. That’s less than ½ cup, if my conversion is correct. A pack of dehydrated potato granules would definitely go a long way!
The brownies were so fudgy and chocolatey. The consistency was moist and rich, which is perfect if you don’t like dry and cake-y brownies (like me). I’m excited to try the other recipes in the cookbooks next.
But wait, there’s more.
Potatoes USA actually sent me TWO packages: one for me and another one for a lucky reader! The gift pack contains the following:
- 1 travel bag with multiple pockets and compartments (including a laptop compartment)
- 1 pack of Potatoes USA Dehydrated Potato Flakes
- 1 pack of Potatoes USA Dehydrated Potato Granules
- 1 khaki apron, 1 oven mitt, 1 whisk
- 1 hardbound notebook, 1 pen, 1 phone pop socket, 1 mouse pad
- 1 hardbound Heirloom Collection cookbook
- 1 Street Food cookbook
- 3 Bake cookbooks
Here’s all you need to do to win:
- Share your own potato recipe using frozen and dehydrated US potato products.
- Share it on Facebook or Instagram and tag me and Potatoes USA-Philippines.
That’s it! The package can be shipped anywhere in the Philippines (we will shoulder the shipping fee.)
Where to buy US Potatoes:
- US dehydrated potatoes are available in most baking supply stores. You can also message Potatoes USA-Philippines to order from the comfort of your home.
- US frozen potato brands like McCain, Simplot, and Lambweston are available in the frozen aisle of grocery stores nationwide.
- US table-stock and fresh potatoes, which are seasonal, are available in the produce section of your favorite supermarket.