2015 has been a full year for me.
There’s no such thing as an empty year I’m sure, but my 2015 has been filled with so many things, a few bad while everything else wonderful. I’ve been so busy throughout the year that I barely had time to write in my journal – – I say that regretfully.
I could go as far as saying that a lot more things happened this year than 2013 and 2014 combined. These are 15 handpicked highlights of my totally awesome year:
1. JANUARY: I weaned Yuri from breastfeeding. That was a tough decision to make but I felt like it was time. I felt guilty but had to remind myself that, hey, almost 3 years of breastfeeding ain’t bad at all.
2. FEBRUARY: I went back to “school” to become a real estate broker. That was a great decision; I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and and met wonderful people who are now my friends!
3. MARCH: I, together with my immediate family, my cousins, and some friends explored Benguet, Ilocos Sur, Ilocos Norte, Manila, and Cavite for the first time. During the same trip, I volunteered to stay back in Vigan because of a nasty for poisoning and and got to explore the historic city on my own.
4. MARCH: I finally left my freelancing job (I had a dilemma about this nearing the end of 2014 because the new administrative changes no longer make the job worth it – – and I couldn’t even ask for an employment certificate since I am not “employed” after working with that group for 4 years).
6. MAY: I took the licensure exams for real estate brokers, and after weeks of studying hard (I’ll never be ashamed of saying I really did study hard!), I passed with a grade of 82.5! Not bad!
7. My work team of one gradually grew into now a core team of 6. We’ve said goodbye to a lot of people but then I couldn’t be more thankful that my core team is comprised of such awesome, dedicated, beautiful ladies. My relationship with my teammates grew (no homo) and they are now some of my closest friends.
8. JUNE: Our home office was finally built! It was such a blessing for Mama and I as we both work from home. Well, technically, she’s in the real estate so she contacts clients from home.
9. JULY: I bade goodbye to DavaoMommy.com and started a more personal blog, which is this, JoyfulMess.com. I’m loving it. I still have a long way to go but it’s okay since I’m happy with my blog no matter how little it is.
10. AUGUST: After a few months of working with them, I finally got to meet my teammates in person! We had an overnight stay at a beach resort, Villa Amparo, and all of us had a grand time.
11. SEPTEMBER: Papa got sick. He’s been sick for quite a while but that was when we finally learned that his kidney’s creatinine levels were high and he needed medication.
12. OCTOBER: A series of bad decisions ended with Papa needing to be confined in the hospital. Right after his confinement, his regular kidney dialysis began.
13. DECEMBER: For our Christmas celebration, my team and I decided to go on a weekend getaway — to the mountains! None of us had ever been to Jive Highland Resort in Buda, and we ended up going on the (mis)adventure of a lifetime haha! I still have to write a dedicated post for that.
14. DECEMBER: On Christmas Eve, Yuri and I had a surprise visit from his papa! We made plans, both temporary and permanent, and some big-time, life-changing decisions.
15. ALL THROUGHOUT THE YEAR: Constant catch-ups and bonding with old friends (shoutout to George, Hazel, JM, and Christine!) and new ones, great relationship with family, Yuri growing up really really well, and a relationship with Job that is stronger than ever. 2015 had been a rocky year in terms of health (I’ve been to the emergency room a couple of times this year — a record!) and in terms of faith as I haven’t been the best Christian (which I am determined to change), but overall, I’m super duper thankful for this year. Thank you Lord!
How was your year?